Monday, April 4, 2011

Sucker Punch



When I first saw this trailer, I knew I must watch this movie whether dead or alive!

The graphic is just totally mind blowing unbelievable freaking awesome! Wow… I think since 300, I’ve never given so much credit to a movie’s graphic.


Pretty Girls + Robots + Zombies + Dragons + Lots of Gun and Explosion + Time stop actions = Awesomeness at its best.

Oh by the way, the movie is from the bunch of guys that brought you other awesome graphic movies like 300 and The Watchmen. No wonder.

What excites me is that this time around, Sucker Punch is actually an original story, unlike the previous two movie produced by the same bunch of guys which are graphic novel adaptation.

However i have one thing to complain is that the movie didn't explain what "Sucker Punch" means. I was expecting something like maybe Barbie Doll delivering a flying dragon punch to the bad guy while shouting "Eat this, sucker!" hmm...but that didn't happen.

Story wise, I think it is not as good as I expected. The plot can be a bit messy for those that didn’t read the synopsis in advance. However I would still recommend others to watch because the graphic is worth to watch but of course we don’t expect these types of movies to be nominated for Oscars but I believe it would become a pop culture in future. But then, what the heck, the awesomeness of the graphic can already make up for it. Like my bro said:

“I just want to see the graphics, I don’t care about the story!”

That statement basically sums the whole movie up:)

Here's the cast of Sucker Punch:)


Here's the trailer in case you haven't watch it yet:)

No comments:

Post a Comment