Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Transformers3: Dark of the Moon



Summer has passed and now comes winter.... i accidentally or was too lazy to write this post and now finally feeling bad about myself i decided to finish it off and post it....

This movie has so far been the highest grossing film for this year so expectations will be high when watching this movie. If I’m not a transformers fan, I would say this movie is great, but since I’m a transformers fan, I must say I got a lot to complain! 

I think I have more things to complain than transformers2. 

1.Optimus got stucked in cables
When I saw this I was like WTF? if I’m the director, I would never let this happen! How can you let this shame happen to Optimus, the leader of Autobots! He even need to call in The Wreckers for help.  Hm….why don’t he just boost up his jet engine to escape? Or just use his golden axe and sword to cut through.

2. Decepticons wants to enslave humanity
I was like huh? The part where stealing Earth’s natural resources are to rebuild Cybertron is still sensible, but why a robot who can work 24/7 needs a human slave for? For fun?

3. Megatron in a beggar outfit
Megatron’s screen time is just too little. The way he’s potrayed  with half broken head and torn clothes is not cool to potray his evilness as the leader of the Decepticons.

4. Bumble Bee becomes hostage
I don’t remember when Decepticons becomes so mercifully. It’s not like they want to use Bumble Bee to robot hostage trade with a Decepticon. No logic at all! Moments later you suddenly see Bumble Bee turned green and began to blast his way out of the Decepticons so I was like er…why he got captured at the first place?

5. The dinosaur bird
When I saw the dinosaur bird on the trailer I was craving for Dinobots to appear, but sadly it didn’t. oh well…maybe they would appear in transformers 4?

6. Too much screen time on human character, too few screen time for the robots themselves
Well, a fan like me wouldn’t care if all the characters are robots but then, the director wants to make this movie to appear to a broader audience hence, he need to spend more time telling the human stories lo…sien liao.

7. Machine gun versus robotic armor.
Imagine if you’re a technological advance robotic civilization, wouldn’t you at least design your robotic armour to be bullet proof?  I think it is quite not so logic that you can “hurt” robot by just firing machine guns, minimum you’ll need a lot of bazookas  or rocket launchers. Yeah I know I may be asking too much, but then remember the original cartoon series, the robots uses lasers, which is rarely seen on the big screen. 
 
I think they would make transformers 4 as I think it is still a very profitable franchise. The main character Sam’s actor claims he will not be back if there’s a fourth installment. For me, Sam doesn’t really matters haha, the only thing matters is that the Optimus Prime’s voice must be the same person. Hm…for me, I think I have enough of Michael Bay. It doesn’t mean that he didn’t did a good job and I would like to see another director’s touch for  the 4th film if there is one, probably a director would is a more hardcore fans of transformers himself. Hmm…  can I have Unicrom for the next movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment